Comprehensive Legal Services.
A. Derek Folds
Derek was born and raised in Gainesville, Florida to Allison E. Folds, Jr. and Jackie Folds. She enjoys playing competitive billiards, traveling, and doting on her cat, Sammy. Derek also serves as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem.
Derek primarily focuses her practice in the field of family law and appeals.
Prior to attending law school, Derek worked as a deputy clerk at the Alachua County Clerk's Office for over 5 years in the official records, criminal trials, and felony divisions. While in law school, she worked as a law clerk for Creed & Gowdy, P.A., a boutique appellate law firm in Jacksonville, Florida. Derek served as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Florida Coastal Law Review and Senior Editor for the Public Interest Research Bureau.She also received the book award in recognition of earning the highest grade in four (4) of her law school courses (Property I, Products Liability - Advanced Legal Writing Requirement, Remedies, and Race and the Law).
In addition to her academic achievements, Derek was recognized as a Pro Bono Honors Student for having provided over 125 hours of pro bono service during law school.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- J.D. – 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Recognized as a Pro Bono Honors Student
- Law Review: Florida Coastal Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Samford University
- B.A. – 2005
- Major: Sociology
- Alachua County Clerk’s Office, Deputy Clerk
- Creed & Gowdy, P.A., Law Clerk
- Senior Editor, Public Interest Research Bureau
- Young Lawyers Division, Executive Board
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Board of Directors
- BNI “Green Machine”, Member
Current Employment Position
- Family Law
- Florida, 2015
- Book Award in Recognition of Earning the Highest Grade in four (4) of her law school courses (Property I, Products Liability – Advanced Legal Writing Requirement, Remedies, and Race and the Law)