Comprehensive Legal Services.
David W. Wagner
David focuses primarily on local government law. He has spent 21 years working as an attorney for Alachua County, serving as County Attorney for the last 15 years. Prior to working for the County, David served for 20 years in the U.S Army as an Artillery Officer (with service in Vietnam); Criminal Prosecutor, Associate Professor at the Army's Judge Advocate School; Administrative and International Lawyer in Berlin, Germany; and as the Medical Malpractice Claims Manager for the Army.
David was born in Steubenville, Ohio and raised in New Cumberland, West Virginia. Florida has been his home for nearly 30 years.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1978
- Honors: With Honors
- United States Military Academy, West Point, New York
- B.S. - 1970
- President, Florida Association of County Attorneys, 2011 to 2012
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Government & Administrative Law
- Real Property & Land Use
- Personal Injury
- Environmental Law
- Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- Recipient, Florida Bar’s prestigious Ralph A. Marsicano Award for significant contributions to Local Government Law, 2014